Friday, July 2, 2010

Barrier Breakers

We’re still pluggin’ along over here. TWM has had mono but started on a new med today that is kickin’ it in the pants. Oh-yay, oh-yay. I can’t sit for long and I'll spare you riveting explanations. Consequently, the computer time is incredibly short, much like my attention span. Surgery is my next option and I’m not into next options. (Surgery for your attention span, Robynn? Who taught you to write? No one. Oh, that explains it.)

Bo is script writing and involved in a film project so between that and working, we don’t see her much. Bodie, the new puppy, is now housetrained because TWM and I have been largely housebound. Every silver lining has a cloud, or something like that.

But life is going on all around me and these two darling girls have been in the thick of it:

image

Rachael is on the left and Hannah is on the right. I got to know Rachael during the seven years I ran a camp for homeschooled girls, and Hannah is also homeschooled and is the sweet sister of one of the Wild Man’s best friends, Josh. Both of these lovelies just returned from the Dominican Republic. They traveled there with their gymnastics group of differently-abled members. This video presentation explains it beautifully and shows love-in-action. I’m very proud of the girls and of the whole team. Good job, dear hearts, and Rachael? You said it best on your Facebook update today when you quoted Martin Luther King: "Everyone has the power of greatness. Not for fame, but greatness. Because greatness is determined by service."

Want something to make you believe in the good that people are capable of? Treat yourself to an incredible seven minutes of your day. It’ll be time well spent. I’ll see you later. I have to stand up now.

©Copyright 2010

19 comments:

  1. I will watch it later today, but I know I will find it valuable. You are one of a kind, Robynn, and I'm wishing you and TWM all good things, today and tomorrow and forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!
    I must look into surgery to help my concentration span - sounds just the.....what was I saying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a heartwarming video! I truly enjoyed it.

    Hope you TWM are feeling better this weekend.
    Have a great 4th of July.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this lovely video! And mono? No fun at all...I had it once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring video, thanks for sharing!

    Sorry to hear you're homebound...I do pray that God's mighty hand will touch and heal you both.

    I was also held against my will last week for a couple of days... kidneystone strikes again!
    Attack, I tell you, attack from the enemy himself! I had had it and both God and the devil heard from me, (well maybe my neighbors did too!) ha ha, anyway we need to keep praying for our health and well-being. Satan is alive and well and everytime we're well, he wants to take control and we have to keep fighting. Through Christ is our Strength! AMEN!
    I'm praying for, love you!
    I know you'll have an awesome Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need your help..can you and go to my daughter's blog and post in her comments..."Keeping Your Hope Alive"
    here is the link...
    http://amandamilton.blogspot.com/

    PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gees--louise... if it isn't one thing.. it's ...MONO. When I was 18 months old, docs thought I had Leukemia, so for a couple of day, my folks were not in good shape- discovered it was mono. Evidently the single "cell-ness" or nucleus..or whatever is similar in both...ANYhoo... am so glad your son is on something that is kicking it... and what BEAUTIFULLY talented girls!
    Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspiring video and post! Hope your medical problems get sorted soon. Until next time, be well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are yours are on the mend and avoiding surgery when ever possible!

    I am back for a ten day vacation and trying to get back to the hum drum of life!

    Wonderful video! It is always so inspiring to get a glimpse into the perspective of those whom we think have real reasons for being discouraged only to find that they are the ones who spread the joy and look beyond their physical limitation.

    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! Ick! Mono! Boy do I remember those days...only one of my kids, but still thats enough. Housebound in the summer is HARD! I loved your video.

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell me where to sign up for surgery for the attention span. My second son needs that very badly. Look for the red truck driven by the redhead coming to join you in that surgery. Seriously, hope Wild Man is back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes I hope your able to sit comfortably soon--that must be painfully annoying.

    Also, thanks for the kind words today over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. dear No barriers,

    just watched the video, how wonderful for all involved. It is always great to see there are still dedicated unselfish youth in our world.

    love,
    Inspired anew
    in
    NE

    ReplyDelete