Tuesday, June 1, 2010

She Calls Me Auntie Robynn, Too

And she is Matt (the incredible pianist’s) lovely sister.

image

As if all his talent weren’t enough for one family, there is also an amazing and heart-stirring dancer in their midst. She has been dancing for most of her life and will soon join a professional company, the culmination of a life-long dream. This video, showcasing a dance choreographed entirely for her, just became available thanks to another talented young man in our midst who is a videographer and short-film maker, Jacob Holly.

I wish I could show you how truly versatile she is but most dances are copyright protected and, therefore, cannot even be filmed. She is STUNNING as a classic ballerina and in the next moment can wow you with a flashy Spanish dance complete with vibrant colors, castanets, and attitude that owns the stage.

We love to see her dance. We are excited to see her go and live out her dream. And we refuse to forgive her for leaving us. What the HECK? You homeschool them all these years only to raise them and find they go off to have their own lives? What were we thinking, Christina? I do believe our grandchildren (when we get some) should be fed only Doritos and Ding Dongs while they sit for hours on our laps watching cartoons. This “acting in their best interest thing” is seriously overrated and leaves us with too-quiet houses and a big risk of wearing red and purple.

But, bon voyage, our graceful butterfly. I expect front row seats when I fly to NYC or Europe to see you one of these days. I’ll be the obnoxious one (you know, like usual) telling everyone who will listen that I actually KNOW you - personally – for a long time – since you were little – I watched you play dress up – you were one of my little camp girls – I know you like to eat the fat on steak. No, it won’t be that bad. I’m sure it’ll be worse.

I’ll know even more by then.






© Copyright 2010

29 comments:

  1. How beautiful! But what's even more beautiful than her dancing, is the sweet, gentle smile on her face...
    What a lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that she's off on a dream now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Robynn!! We are blessed indeed with friendships!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so wonderfully danced...she flows like water across the stage...praying for her continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so very graceful and full of light! Good luck on her journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'm always amazed at people who can move like that, as you could find a more graceful dairy cow than me. Congratulations to her on her successes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, everyone! Oh, and the picture is her, too, taken by her mom at the beach. :) The only way I'd get my self that far off the ground is if I was in a harness and being airlifted by a helicopter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is beautiful and stunning!!! Brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's wonderful to see the next generation launched, but it's bitter sweet when they fly away. Their gift to us is grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is incredibly talented, Robynn, and of course I can't help but think you fit right in there, with your ability to tell stories, and make me laugh. She is so beautiful and gifted, and I know you will be there making waves in the front row! Congratulations on your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...her dance brought tears to my eyes Robynn...such grace & elegance from someone so young... her smile lights up the stage!!!

    May all her dreams come true...
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have some wonderful people for dear friends. The lovely young woman who is close to living her dream is beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow... how uplifting and beautiful. Such raw talent and grace all in one. Hope this is just the beginning of bigger stages and STAGES for her!

    Thank you Robynn, for knowing what I mean and being you which is such a blessing to me :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's absolutely incredible...I was crying by the time the video completed...And she is gorgeous!!! Just so's youse knows...If she shows up in NYC, I'll be standing by your side, dear Robynn, cheering...and being every bit as "obnoxious" as you!!!!! Oh, she is WONDERFUL...and of course, YOU, my friend, are simply THE BEST!!!!!!!! I love you so...your humor carries me in good times and bad...Thank you!! Sending tons of love, Janine XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's beautiful and talented! It is wonderful to see these kids living their dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. DJan! As much as I'd love to claim her as my own, I am only an honorary auntie to my dear friend's children. But I'm honored and happy to be that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Robynn, you may not be blood related but are definitely their "auntie" at heart! We are honored to have you in our lives dear friend!! Love you so much :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love that smile...what a sweet gentle smile. The whole thing is just wonderful!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. dear Lucky Auntie to the Dancer,
    I came over here to see this from the PW site.
    Thank you for the treat of watching your sweet girl dance. I loved every second of it! What gifts of talent and grace, no wonder she is going professional.
    And homeschooled too? No wonder!
    (this, coming from a veteran~20+years hs mom of 6 kiddos)
    love,
    In admiration of ballet and other wonderful things
    in
    NE

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! That family certainly has some amazing talent! Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi GKey! Thanks so much for stopping by, leaving a comment, and deciding to follow. Welcome to the nuthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is wonderful she is getting to do what she loves to do.
    An amazing girl! I wish her all the best in life.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Doesn't talent often run in the same family? Nurture does matter, I say.


    As to embarassing kids? Hubby's sis's son always dropped crap everywhere in the house. She told him she's coming to his house when he grows up and dropping her food and trash on the floor. To which, of course, he responded that he won't let her in. Her reply? "Then Daddy and I will just strip and dance naked on your lawn until you let us in!" THAT would embarrass someone! Proudly declaring "I knew her when..." would just cause envy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How beautiful! And WOW to her brother too! It is so special to see kids who are so focused and determined at such a young age - I'm amazed at their talents, and their ability to optimize them!

    I have to fight off the temptation to hold them up to my own kids, who are very unfocused, and say "See! See! Look what practice and determination and passion can do for you!!" I guess that wouldn't be fair would it? :)

    Congratulations to these very special young people in your life! Good luck and best wishes to them both. And thanks for sharing their talents on your blog - what a treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marjie - GREAT suggestions but I'm saving that level of humiliation for my OWN kids! :) Your husband's sister may be a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  27. How wonderful that she's off on a dream now!!!
    PPC Advertising India

    ReplyDelete