Saturday, May 1, 2010

You’ll Forgive Me But……

That’s my boy. And it’s Saturday again. And, well, they grow up so fast and….uh…..I told my kids this blog would chronicle our lives (as well as my general insanity) so…..……here’s lookin’ at you kid. I carried you in my formerly-functional-body and delivered all nine pounds of you at 37 weeks, even though the doctor said I measured 44 weeks and should’ve had two of you. My baby belly arrived places three minutes before I did it was so huge. (Okay, men, this is your chance to run away screaming.) I had way too much water and you swam around inside me in an Olympic sized swimming pool, using the high dive for cannon balls. During my c-section it was a flood worthy of Charlton Heston playing Moses. I think I saw some Egyptians and a Pharaoh get washed away. I think they came out with you. My mid-section will never be the same.

Neither will my heart. I love my boy.

Thanks for indulging me in this motherly moment. I couldn’t help myself. He’s just so very cute, in a MANLY sort of way!

image

image

image

image

image

image

Thanks again, my dear friend Chris, for your photographic talents and willingness to make my son feel important. I would like to tell you all about Chris sometime. You would love him.

CONTEST COMING MONDAY!

©Copyright 2010

16 comments:

  1. Once again, your post has given me a grin to start my day!! Your son is a nice looking young man, I'm quite sure anyone would be proud to have him as their son too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I laughed uproariously at your account of your C section!

    Great pics of one cool kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was quite a chuckle; and your ballplayer is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva is making the rounds of the blogs we both follow just ahead of me this morning. Every time I look at the comments, she's there already! And Robynn, that is one fine looking man child there! You're justified in your pride, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A post as only a loving, proud mother could do!!!

    Great post & photos...handsome fella!!! :0)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are our blogs for if not to showcase the important things in our lives and of course he would be at the top of the list.
    Ah yes, pregnancy. And we did this to ourselves why? Right, so we could blog about the great kids we have later.
    Actually I am under a strict gag order with my sons and their lives. No blogging about them allowed and especially no photos. Harumph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing compares to a mother's love for her boy! Unless, of course its a mother's love for her girl, or so I am told :) Most definitely I see him now swimming in manliness, with more than his fair share of good looking-ness... sorry not a word but appropriate nonetheless.

    Robynn, nobody could make a c-section sound nearly so adventurous and hilarious, like you can.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From one C-Section Mommie to another: You go girl! I laughed...and smiled...and feel the LOVE you have for your son. I can't wait to read more.. :))
    Robynn Rocks!
    Hugs and big smiles from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the most colorful description I've ever read regarding childbirth, bar none! ;-Þ

    Great pictures of your boy, by the way; and he's a handsome lad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only you could write so hilariously about a C-section, dear Robynn! You are simply one seriously funny lady! I love you. But you already know that. Tell TWM that I think he rocks! These photos are proof positive that he's one amazing, baseball playing dude! Love and admire you so much! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, a mothers love is the sweetest thing! Your son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pregnancy!, But look what you got for all your trouble--a handsome son to be proud of! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures...I have lots of fond memories of being at my brother and father's ball games!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing posts about boys and sports. Unfortunately my readers have to deal with it every March thru July while my son plays.

    This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, the birth...whoa!!!!

    I love the b-ball picks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pictures. We are a baseball family, too.

    You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete