Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blown Away by Genius

You know I don’t use videos as my stock-in-trade. They have to be really exceptionally funny, poignant, or cutting edge to qualify.

This video left me awestruck, gobsmacked, stunned, and realizing I was watching history being made. Bo brought it to me today and I’ve watched it five times. It’s a little over three minutes but you’ll always say you were there for this kid’s debut.

He is twelve-year-old Greyson Michael Chance and he performed a song for his Edmond, Oklahoma Sixth Grade Talent Show. He plays piano and writes his own music, although this was a cover of Lady Gaga’s (gag-gag, I can’t STAND her) song, “Paparazzi.” He schooled her, as the kids say, and showed her who was boss.

I dug deeper and found a few videos of him at home filming himself playing and singing his own work. He’ll be on the Ellen Degeneres show tomorrow, Thursday, May 13th. I’ll be watching. I can’t STOP watching. Who IS this child? WHERE does he get that voice in that little body? And he sounds like no one I’ve ever heard.

I’m praying his parents can help him keep his head on straight because he’s about to be embraced and adored by the world, and we all know what that does to young stars.

In the meantime, I can’t wait to get this kid’s first CD.

And I love the looks on the faces of the young girls in the audience. They’ll all be telling their kids about being in the audience. Mom and Dad are gonna have to hire a fulltime body guard for him. Crush fever just docked its boat on a twelve-year-old boy. I love him but I thank GOD he’s not mine! Yikes!

Be sure to turn up the volume for this one to get the full effect and don't miss the ending remarks from his teacher. Priceless!

©Copyright 2010

22 comments:

  1. Amazing. I am going to watch Ellen today because I just have to hear the back story on this kid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...don't you just love to see such raw talent...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that! What would fascinate me more, is to hear his story. Did he get bullied in school....how young did he start...did anyone pay attention to him before this. etc. I can't help it...I want to know the "rest of the story"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Move over Justin Bieber!! I have no doubt he will go viral very shortly, and you will be one of the first to have made this discovery!!

    Getting a kick out of my word veri... punch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stars!

    He is amazing!

    Thanks for passing this one along!
    R

    I sent you an email this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! He looks like a clean cut kid. Lady Gaga indeed was taught a lesson. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't watch TV don't have cable or any way to watch but I am sure I will be able to see something online after he is on Ellen's show. He definitely has something special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!!! That kid is not just amazing but STUNNING!! Where did that power come from?? Must watch it again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, he definitely has a better since of musicality than Lady Gaga does (though I must admit I really enjoy her music...).

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING! I had to watch his other videos also. He is very, GOOD!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW.. This kid has such an amazing voice!!!! I watched it several times, and every time, I got goosebumps!
    The young blond girl in the back sure is smitten, isn't she? lol!
    I'm going to go check out his other videos now... lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing this with us, Robynn....
    Amazing talent....clear crisp voice...talents beyond measure!!!
    This young man will go far...
    Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us. What a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool, what a cutie pie. Love the teachers comment! And, best of all I love the looks on the girls faces behind him as they figure out they're watching something really cool happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe I'm reading this after Ellen already aired. Wow, oh wow, is he good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fabulous voice! Hope he manages to live a normal life...

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was amazing! What a gorgeous voice. Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been seeing this kid all over the place and can't stop myself from listening again every time. He's got such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He's absolutely incredible!! Wow! What fabulous piano keyboarding...and what a voice!! Thanks Robynn! I'm going to be watching for this kid as well! Such fun! Love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply amazing!!!! Thanks for sharing, Robynn!:) I've enjoyed getting caught up on your blog today.

    ReplyDelete