Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Your Life Is Important to Me

image

Keeping Robynn's Ravings separate from 30 Day Throw Down! is my way of addressing two very important aspects of my life: humor and eating to optimize health and weight. The second of these isn't always funny. Well, the first isn't either. I have no idea what I'm talking about. Nevertheless, today my blogs must intersect.

Like all areas of our lives, things cross over sometimes. Your talk-til-you-drop pesky neighbor starts shopping at the same grocery store you do so you drive 40 miles to the next town to avoid hour-long conversations about her colonoscopy, with photos. Oh wait, maybe that's just me.

Today's info on 30 Day is SO VITAL to your well being that I have to send you there. PLEASE go. Never come by again if you don't want to but know I care about you and want you to thrive. Besides, who will comment if something happens to you? See? Altruism positively drips from me.

It will take about 10 minutes. And you can sit down and have a cup of coffee. Call it a prescription from the Village Medicine Woman. But please take this SHORT ten minutes, including the video, for yourself. If you have or know anyone who has suffered from heart attack, stroke, cancer, diabetes, or asthma it may be the best ten minutes you'll spend in the blogosphere. AND NO, I'm not selling ANYTHING because I don't have anything to sell. Except my old gym suit from junior high school. But I can't even sell that because it's my proof I was once skinny. So there you go.

And speaking of health.......

I wanted to give you all an update on my stepfather.
I have been spending most of my time at the hospital and must apologize again for not visiting you all. I miss our visits. They brighten my day. But there are only so many hours. We spent about five of them yesterday in two meetings with the funeral home.

He is down to his final hours, maybe days, and plans must be in place. Very surreal and macabre to sit with a funeral director in a convalescent hospital while your loved one is just down the hall. I almost threw up. But that wouldn't be fair to my mother who has to do this AND lose her spouse. So I perspired profusely instead. And twisted my hands. And sighed way too often, though involuntarily.

My blogs keep me connected to something other than death and difficulty right now, though finding the time to be here is hard. THANK YOU for caring and dropping in. Watching end-of-life issues makes a person even more committed to caring about health while we still have choices. Please eat well, visit 30 Day, and take care of yourselves.

With Love,

Robynn

Photo source: Internet Images

© 2009

24 comments:

  1. I'm sorry these days are so difficult for you. My dearly beloved was just diagnosed with high blood pressure causing kidney problems, so I'm even more health conscious than ever. Thanks for the link, and my thoughts are with you in these difficult days. Thor sends dog drool for comic relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow I shall have that cup of coffee and take time to visit your link... in the meantime all my love to you... massive hugs. We are all waiting for you and thinking of you. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you are going through this difficult time right now. I am keeping your family in my prayers! Hugs to you my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about your stepfather during the last few days. I wrap loving arms around you and your family....
    Love to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robynn,
    I was wondering about your step-father.
    My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family.
    I know your mother is so thankful to have you near her during this time.

    I will go and visit the link now.
    Take care.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll make this comment and then head over to 30 day. I watched yesterday's video and will be interested in seeing what you have for me today. And my thoughts are following you around those hospital corridors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad for you right now--lifting you up in prayer. I miss your comments--no guilt trip intended there, just saying that they brighten my day when I do get them. I've been lax about visiting blogs lately too, so I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very sorry life is so difficult for you and your family right now...my thoughts are with you!

    I've been over to the 30 Day blog and I'm horrified...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saying prayers Robynn for strength to see you through. I have no doubt you have been an immense comfort for your family during this time. The strain on you has to be considerable. Hoping peace and comfort are with you and yours! Love to you Robynn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been thinking about ya ... and praying that the road ahead is peaceful for everyone.

    You mentioned your skinny junior high gym suit ... so I just have to leave you with this, and hopefully you'll get a giggle out of it. Hubby and I were looking at our honeymoon photo album last night ... almost 20 years after the fact ... and my 4 year old sees a photo of me, on the beach in my swimsuit, and says ... "who's that?" I say ... "it's mommy". She looks at the photo, looks at my belly and says ... you guessed it, "no, that's not you, silly mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sass, I'm with you girlfriend... despite the moving and not taking time to leave a remark... You and your family are in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you are having to deal with all this. It is not easy. Been there. I had to handle everything myself for both of my parents. They passed 4 weeks apart. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so very very sorry... it's hard when you know a loved one only has a little time left. (Believe me, I know...)

    All the more reason for you to care about the living - especially when it comes to health.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The image you put with this post is breath taking.

    I'm so sorry your family is going through a hard time right now. I pray your Stepfather will find peace.

    Going now to read your post. I can certainly give you ten minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry about your step father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    Dona Nobis Pacem & Thursday Thirteen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Going to get my coffee...

    Prayers to you and your family. What a difficult time. (((BIG HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish him a gentle passing ... and may all the good memories bring you and your family comfort in the days ahead .. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dearest Robynn,

    The photo is simply gorgeous...and your post on 30-day is fabulous!!! I'm so sorry about your stepdad...You, your mom, and your entire family are in my prayers continually!!! Love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please don't feel bad about us..we are there for you, when you are ready. We love your wit and humor, but also know that life has it's hard parts. We all love you, Robynn.

    Hugs from the world,
    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're in my thoughts Robynn. In the space of a week (back in 2006) we lost Angus' dad. He had been silently suffering with the pain of cancer and told no-one until it weakened him and he collapsed. He died one week later. It was a shock to us all but I know how much Angus appreciated my support during that time and you are giving the same to your mother. There is nothing easy about choosing the colour/style of a casket but together you will get through. Love,

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh,Robynn I wish I could hold your hand through this...but just know you and your family will be in my heart and prayers!
    Lots of hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  22. May the heaviness of your heart be held in the Father's comforting hands.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sorry you're going through this difficult time. Will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Robynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your stepfather. I am praying for God to wrap you and your mom and your family in his loving arms especially tightly. My heart hurts for what you must be going through! Okay, I'm heading over to the 30 Day Challenge because you told me to, and I am nothing if not obedient!

    ReplyDelete