Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Contemplating My Navel

image

My belly button should cooperate so much when I’m done. Wouldn’t that be great if our navels just popped out and let us know when we’ve had enough to eat? Why does it take my WHOLE stomach, rear end, thighs, and fat face popping out to sound the alarm? And it would seem I don’t even wake up then. I hit the snooze way too much.

I know what you’re thinking right now….."How have I lived without all this deep wisdom?” It’s truly a miracle you’ve made it through.

I offer up my paltry excuses for bad eating today on the 30 Day Throw Down! blog. You might be able to use some of them so please drop in and read up while you are baking pies, working, changing diapers, planning for relatives and guests, getting the kids off the furniture, shaving one leg (let’s face it – you’ll never have time for two), grocery shopping, answering your email, phone, Twitter, Facebook, and cell while simultaneously reshuffling your IPod to play only Christmas music, and smiling graciously to your dearly beloveds who grace your table tomorrow, and those not so dearly beloved (which will take more muscles to produce the smile – believe me I know – my face could compete in weight lifting trials right about now).

You ARE all that. And I know it. And I am ever more and more grateful that you choose to drop in and check on me and read my drivel. Have a lovely day. May you be hugged and appreciated for the hard work you do and especially for all the things that make life move along but are unseen by any but God. I don’t know what you have to do or face but I know there is much that is unspeakable. Still, you do it. Still, you persevere. And still you take time for others. I’m one of them.

And I humbly offer my Thanksgiving. Many blessings to you my friends. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow filled with yet more reasons to give thanks. (Hey! Maybe the rotten relative will call and tell you they can't come. This is my sweet and gentle Thanksgiving wish for you.) Enjoy!

© 2009

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Robynn. Here's hoping you have a healthy and stress-free holiday yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robynn, you are priceless! Your sense of humor through thick and thin (in every sense) cannot be prized too highly. Welcome back and happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious!!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you Robynn! Thanks for making the internet a brighter place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't hae a pop out button,so I just wear a muumuu. Just kidding! Have a wonderful feast with family and friends tomorrow. I am thankful for all the smiles you give me when reading your blog. Happy Thanksgiving, Robynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for such a heartwarming post.You are a great inspiration. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...you never fail to make me laugh! When you are trying that is...

    Enjoy your day with your family...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed reading your post. Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.
    Blessings ~ Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny and poignant at the same time :) I think you are on the same wavelength as myself, I just couldn't quite articulate as well! But well said! I hope you as well persevere and find a slice of joy amongst your thanksgiving festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanks Giving. May all the pumpkin pie go to your boobs and not your butt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so funny... :-) Thanks for your comment on my blog... if you're ever in WA I require that you come visit me. Something tells me our husbands would get along too. :-) Happy Turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, funny, wonderful you!

    We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here - but I wish you and yours a wonderful relaxing time...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do make me smile....
    Thanks, Robynn.
    I am neck deep in turkey...and needed that sooo much!
    Smiles to you from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha... wonderful thoughts! Thanks for the smile! :D Happy Thanksgiving!!
    **HUGS**
    Zaneta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a great day.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate and a Happy Thursday just to celebrate.Thursday Thirteen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny cartoon, Robynn!
    That would be nice...but I wonder how many of us would push it back in and keep on eating?! Me included!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely. Just lovely. You have a wonderful day too... and may all the food you eat miraculously miss out on your body parts and end up in Food Heaven. Or something. Hugs.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nope the relatives still showed up!! Hope you had a great turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and your navel Robynn. You always make me smile and yes, I am thankful for you.

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Thanksgiving Sass. I so overindulged today on ham, deviled eggs, tabuli (sp?), pumpkin pie, greenbean casserole.... and then I came home and had mashed potatoes and giblet gravy. I'm gonna have to be extra good between now and Christmas...

    Many blessings to be thankful for and, you, Sass are right up there on my list.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are fabulous, dear Robynn!!! So very funny!!! That cartoon...the popping navel!!! Your imagination and humor are such a gift!!! This is an unforgettable, and hilarious image...Thanksgiving dinner will NEVER be the same for me again...LOL...and yet, you end with such beautiful sentiments...laughing and crying...all in one post...you are an incredible writer! I love you! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did it again! I'm sitting here waiting on the Old Guy (he's over an hour late) and the next thing I know, I'm smiling and laughing. After this post, I might not even kill him now.

    Thankgiving here was pretty much non-existant, but for some reason, I have a damn turkey neck this morning. I guess I've been bad, eh?
    Mumu's here I come! And stretchy pants too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree with DJAN your sense of humor is wonderful! You see humor and joy through eveyrthing and help all of us move through our own misery!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.con

    ReplyDelete
  23. Belated wishes for a wonderful holiday .. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Robyn!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL! The turkey's were cute! I'm a little late on seeing it. Been out of blog world for a bit. WAY too busy...NEED A BREAK . . .NEED A Break. . .Break . .BREAK!!
    Hey, isn't it dinner/movie time for us women? I think it just might be!! We need to make a plan!
    Robynn, I hope your Thanksgiving was AWESOME! Ours was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi RR... you know, I somewhat resent that you posted a pic of me up on your blog. ...wait, IS that me?? ...hmmmmm, cause I sure FEEL like that... more specifically, the one that has the timer popped out.
    Anyhow... do hope you had a good Thanksgiving and that all is settling down to some degree or another with your family. You are the caretaker, I know, of alls feelings, etc., just don't forget your own.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete