Wednesday, October 14, 2009

For You, Janine

image

Well, we all had a grand time at the party and I thank you for stopping by. We ended up having a great let-your-hair down time at the end and, really, that’s who I am so it couldn’t have been more perfect.

Today, however, I am thinking of a blogging friend who has also become a real-life friend: Janine, at Sniffles And Smiles. If you haven’t been to her blog, I encourage you to go and be blessed and maybe drop her a word of encouragement. She is a professional journalist and teacher who writes from a the perspective of a woman, a mother and wife, and a Christian. Her writing is polished and inspiring. Janine is having surgery today to see if a spot on her rib could be a reoccurrence of the cancer she has so bravely battled. Some of you may know she has fought breast cancer in a bitter battle and yet maintains her wit, charm, and beauty. She graces us with her words in her regular Saturday post and amazes us with her paintings as well. (Some of her work appears on her blog.) Homeschooling her teenage son has remained a number one priority in spite of all these challenges.

Would you lift up a prayer today on her behalf and that of her family?

Nancy, at Life In The Second Half shared this picture of hope and it was started by others who love Janine. Thank you, Nancy, and my thanks to your sweet, caring friends.

Copyright 2009

13 comments:

  1. I wish Janine all the best Robynn...my hopes are with her!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robynn...this is lovely! Janine will be touched...I can see the tears (through her smile) as she reads it. I scrolled down to get a flavor of your blog and I love it.
    I especially love the remark in your profile about the cat..!!!
    I understand completely!! You are a sweet person...and I look forward to returning here as often as I am able to. Thank you for a beautiful blog....as we continue to pray for our friend, Janine.
    Love in Christ,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Janine ... thanks for sharing her with us.

    Oh, I found a blog you'll love ... http://spaininiowa.blogspot.com/
    ... check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful post and tribute to Janine. Our thoughts and prayers have been with her today and will continue.

    You have a great blog. I'll be baaack !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post... She'll be in my thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There! Thank you for visiting me yesterday to celebrate my SITS Day! U are deeply appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll offer up a word or two on her behalf. It's a disease we all dread and I hope she receives good news. A brave lady.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll stop by and give her my blog love. Wait...that doesn't sound quite right. I'll give her health wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, so I'm so groggy I can hardly see straight...morphine is very powerful!!! So if this is completely confusing, you'll understand, I'm sure!!! You are so good to me to write this post!!!! What a wonderful, and very dear friend you are!!!!! You must be one of the very best I have...otherwise I don't think you'd exaggerate so much about me ;-) ((laughing)) But seriously, you are the dearest friend!! And I send you my love...I'll be back as soon as they remove the pain killing pump...But in the meantime, know that you are continually in my thoughts and prayers!!! Love you so much!! Janine XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending prayers to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers to Janine, she will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janine sounds like a wonderful person...I'll pop over to her blog next!

    Hope you aren't stranded in cyber space too long! :)

    ReplyDelete