Sunday, October 18, 2009

Absentia Is Underrated

image

I will now move my seat to its full and upright position as I come in for a landing. I’m back. The details of exactly what happened between Microsoft and Comcast and/or the rest of the world (excluding you LUCKY Mac users), are vague to me and I wish them to remain so. Each time someone tries to explain it I find myself in danger of slipping into a coma. THE INTERNET WORKS. Even that three word sentence contains one word I find offensive if I linger too long. And the word “internet” bothers me as well.

There was no down time (however much I tried to wring it out) and I must say I cooked up a storm and have recipes to post to the 30 Day Throw Down. I only wish I could have fed you all personally, especially considering your encouraging comments in my hour of distress.

Perhaps I should announce my departure more often. Twenty-six comments on a post informing you I will not be writing. That’s more than I sometimes receive when I actually believe I have said something. Should I be offended or desperately flattered? I choose desperately flattered. I felt missed in that warm and fuzzy way (minus the fur the dogs always leave).

Posting will resume now and I will be showing up at your place, too. Let’s have tea or coffee. I made the scones – orange and cranberry to be precise - and will bring them along. We could make it a pajama party and sink into the sofa all tucked up together. I’ll really stretch and wear my old grubbies if you will. The lack of my usual pearls, stilettos, and makeup will make me a tad discomfited but the sacrifice cannot be too great. I’m here for you.

© 2009

18 comments:

  1. Pass the scones, please! (I'm wearing my woolly socks)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smiled when I read that you had 26 comments on a post that said you wouldn't be writing. Take that as a compliment. You were missed....and if others were like me, they were crossing their fingers that their internet/provider didn't get sick....(love to hear more from you about that!!....think it would be great reading! :)) )
    I'm in my comfy grubbies...and would love a scone.
    We're (our school system) on fall break right now....and hubby and I were going to travel north to the mountains...but...it's snowing in the higher elevations (where our house is)....soooo, we're staying here for the break...and head to the mountains a little later.
    I'm glad you're back...but probably not as glad as you are. We missed ya!
    Smiles to you from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm going to put on my jammies and watch Desperate Housewives before bed. I've already had my regulation one glass of wine and it's worn off, so I'll take a scone please and a blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in my jammies ... let the scone eating commence. Do you like Earl Grey tea? I've got some. When you talk about internet/PC problems I can't comprehend. I'm typing to ya on my MAC!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pass the scones and some worn pyjamas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that the internet turbulence has left your flight pattern. I'm also relieved to discover that I'm not the only one whose eyes glaze over when internet gremlin explanations are bestowed upon me. Looking forward to your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're back!!! Love the cat! took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at... Hee, Hee, Hee...That happens to me a lot...

    Keep on Truckin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have you back!! And you made scones for the occasion? And cooked and are sharing recipes? Oh my... Microsoft and Comcast may be on to something!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum especially since I am sure they are low fat scones ... I had some recently with an oatmeal 'flour' ... damn now I am craving carbs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have ya' ever seen the movie, The Net, Robynn? We saw it last night, and it puts a whole new creepy feel to internet mess-ups and stuff! Phew! Glad yours is working again. I was just going to say, "Speaking of scones -- did you HAVE one of those yesterday at the church lunch?!!"... and then it crossed my mind that I think someone told me you're the one who made them :-) Well, duh. They were yummy! And yes, whoever suggested the Earl Gray over there... mmmmmmmm! And for a totally unhealthy but really cute cupcake (?!) idea, go over to mymuffinthursdays.blogspot.com. Scroll down to her owl cupcakes -- I want to make them for Graham!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad things are resuming and life is returning to "normal." :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh I love your wit!
    So glad you're back. Here, I brought you a home baked biscuit. Let's have some of that tea, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm. Scones. Makes me hungry. And there isn't any thing sweet and yummy in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously though - isn't the support of fellow bloggers amazing? I think I could publish a post that simply said "I'm having a really bad day." and I think there would be words of concern and encouragment pouring into my comments (I think.. I hope... maybe).

    I'm glad you are back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I pass out also...

    Glad you are back!

    Linda
    http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome Back!

    Love some scones, and orange cranberry sound super yummy!

    Robin..one "N" and no "y"

    ReplyDelete