Monday, August 3, 2009

Encouragement Blog Hop

Do It Anyway

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

~This version is credited to Mother Teresa

I frequently get wrapped up trying to please everyone. It even happens in blogging. I wonder, “Is this too much? Not enough? Funny when I should be serious? Deep when I should be light?”

Our dreams and visions will never match another’s exactly. Some will come along to encourage the good work they see in you, but others are dissatisfied and will try to make you into their image. I try to remember, I am made in the image of God. If I am willing to let HIM mold me, shape me, and if necessary, remake me, then there’s nothing left but to move forward in joy!

Copyright 2009



MckLinky Blog Hop

22 comments:

  1. You did it!! Awesome! I grabbed your link.. so I'll post both of ours at 10 my time.
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that version, it's been a favorite for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote - I just read it again tonight in fact!

    Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I've heard it before but forgotten. I need to print it and look at it every day of my mothering-young-children job. And I think my 6 year old is old enough to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great and so true Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love this version. Gives me chills every time I read it. You have a beautiful blog...I am now following.

    Many Blessings,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Swinging through on the blog hop but let me tell you, this theme is so amazing in what everyone is sharing:) Thank you for sharing your heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing the beautiful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel this way in everyday life
    " frequently get wrapped up trying to please everyone. It even happens in blogging. I wonder, “Is this too much? Not enough? Funny when I should be serious? Deep when I should be light?”
    ((((Hugs))))Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Mother Teresa...She was one remarkable woman. God Bless her and all she had done for our world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, just having a hop through the blog hop!!

    Love your entry, Words to live by for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read that before Robynn...it is beautiful, and so meaningful. I would like to print it and put it on my cork board...right close so I can read it now and then, or maybe put it in a frame on my desk!!!!!!!

    I was a little late for the "link thing"...I'll have to try to remember for next week!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the passage. Very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good words,... VERY good words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I needed this blog hop today...so encouraged!!!hhhh So far everything I have read today has brought increased joy in my heart.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I should probably print this out and hang it in every room of my house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just hopping by, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great post! I like all the reminders. Happy hopping.

    aka Happy Panda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, hoppin' by to encourage you today! I've got a button for you at my blog http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2009/08/mcklinky-blog-hop-encouragement.html

    Blessings,
    Deborah

    comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com

    browncouchevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful post! I especially like your last sentence and say, Amen, sister!

    ReplyDelete