Saturday, April 25, 2009

Danny MacAskill

Anyone who does something this well deserves to be appreciated.

I'm doing well to point my bike down the street and stay upright.

I first saw this on The Glass Dragonfly from my friend, Kelly, and I had to pass it along.

The guy is truly amazing as a cyclist and athlete, and the amount of perseverance it took to achieve something of this magnitude inspires me. I think I might know a few boys who imagine these feats when riding. If you're a mom of boys, you may as well. When I watch this I can't help but see poetry, dance, and art. I love beauty in any form. And excellence is always beautiful to me.

The bio from You Tube says this:

"Filmed over the period of a few months in and around Edinburgh by Dave Sowerby, this video of Inspired Bicycles team rider Danny MacAskill features probably the best collection of street/street trials riding ever seen. There's some huge riding, but also some of the most technically difficult and imaginative lines you will ever see. Without a doubt, this video pushes the envelope of what is perceived as possible on a trials bike."


Credit to Band of Horses for their epic song "The Funeral."

Have a blessed Sunday!

18 comments:

  1. Wow.

    Someone should let that guy know about gravity.

    Actually, never mind, I bet he knows way more about it that I do.

    That was really cool, and really fun to watch. And totally reminded me that I've been meaning to buy that song on itunes for a long time now. I'm off to itunes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Moly! I just sent it to my grandsons.... but they're probably sawing logs right now! They'll be thrilled with it, but I doubt if their mama will be! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Luckily my boys are way too cautious to try any of that. So glad to see he was wearing a helmet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phenomenal! Amazing! But I'm NOT gonna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing.I've never seen such skill! Not me, I have enough trouble just doing regular riding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a talented guy. He must eat, sleep and drink riding his bike. Thanks for sharing this video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! And inspiring. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched this clip last night on You Tube ... sent to me by a friend who said "This kid must have a death wish!" I thought he was amazing ...his moves were so choreographed, actually graceful. And I love the music ... of course, scenes from my beloved Edinburgh weren't shabby either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOOO.........Fantastic what talent.....gob smacking!


    Best wishes Blu x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dude. I'm lucky if I stay upright while walking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was so....totally amazing. Never seen anything like it....as crazy as most of those moves were it was all so graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so amazing! I can't imagine doing anything like that. I still have training wheels on my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...but I want to see the outtakes! Can you imagine the bruises/injuries this guy must have sustained over his lifetime?

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Sunday was blessed, I hope yours was too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Holy cow... couldn't watch but maybe half ...made me nervous to watch and then the song that was with it being called The Funeral and all... just added to the apprehension.
    At the same time, from what I did watch ...wowey-wow. No counting how many scrapes and bruises that boy got to be that good.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I were one of the chipmunks, which one do you think would I be?
    Yup,that's right. By now, I think you know I am slow for I have terrible attention span. I have to be called out all the time or nudged to get my undivided attention. When all of you are writing, blog-hopping/commenting (which requires about 30 hours a day!), I am wondering why I am at work today when I can be out practicing
    or honing my biking skills ;-)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm just sitting here gawking. And I've decided that this is who should team me to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's amazing. Stuff like that always makes me wonder what got those people involved in it in the first place?

    ReplyDelete