Friday, March 13, 2009

An Award, uh, Sort of........


So, uh, okay. I received this "award" from my recently fired press agent, Libby, over at Neas Nuttiness. You will see why I had to let her go when you read her latest press release on me. It is as follows:


"And last for today (and believe me I didn't really want to add her cause she's really smok'n me out with her followers - and she's often a BIG FAT LIAR - oh did I really say that? Uuuummmm - she stretches the truth now and then - yep, that's better.) is Robynn at Robynn's Ravings."


I want to thank you, Libby, from the bottom of my shoe for these warm words! lol! Now I do suggest you pop over and visit her because she is very nice to everyone else and will probably be nice to you, too.

Okay, the rules are as follows:

List 6 things that make you happy. Pass the award on to 6 bloggers for Kreativity. Link to the blogger who gave you the award. Link to the blogs receiving the award. Notify the recipients.Things that make me happy:

1. My family, friends, and pets on a daily basis. Such warmth, joy, blessings, and love.
2. My faith in an all powerful, redeeming God who has seen fit to love EVEN ME.
3. Joy, fun, laughing, humor.
4. Finding meaning - even if it takes years.
5. Kindness - it is always unexpected and I hope I never fail to appreciate it.
6. My new blogging world and the wonderful friends I have met here. I am touched and amazed.

Next: The Nominees are - (oh man, only six? you know how BAD I am at choosing......I don't follow anyone I don't think is fantastic.) But okay....based on creativity......

1. Sharon Linne Faulk is an incredible designer of handmade cards. They are available on Etsy. Sharon's life is filled with challenges and love as she raises two boys with autism, and does so on her own, after having lost her husband. Her story is compelling and I urge all of you to visit her and buy her cards. They really are lovely.

2. Andrea at Finding Sirius. I love her writing and her heart. Both are beautiful. And she has started a new blog called, The Charlie Project in which she features photos of dogs. But it's not just photos. Andrea offers captions that explalin the photos in meaningful and moving ways. She can see something in dogs you might miss as a casual observer. She doesn't miss a thing and you may see dogs differently after viewing her photos. If you are in any way a dog lover your life will be enriched.

3. Gizten Girl is a treasure. She has incredible health challenges that keep her housebound and in pain. But you won't leave her site feeling down. Quite the contrary. She's funny, encouraging, and very talented. Today she is starting to sell her inspirational, and lovely, canvases that she paints. I already ordered one this morning. I want it, dang it! If I wait ten seconds I'll be in line behind the rush. LOTS of us love her. You will, too.

4. Red Pine Mountain is a humanitarian. She focuses on people and the writings of others. She has contests encouraging people to visit other blogs and purchase handmade products. She advocates for and writes about random acts of kindness. Her heart is evident in all she does. Go and be blessed by her graciousness.

5. French with Music is unbelievable. Here's something even more unbelievable: I am her only follower. She is in France and has other blogs but this one, well, you have to have eclectic musical taste (and I DO) but I have found myself enraptured by some of her video posts. Three of my favorites over there are as follows: No Me Quitte Pas, is the real version of a song translated into English. And believe me, something was lost in translation. (This has subtitles.) Absolutely stunning in its emotional grip and poetry. Another is Liberta which will just make you smile. Trust me. You can't help it. (Put on the headphones for the best effect for all of these. You'll feel like you're there.) And finally, don't miss Chocolat Chaud. I have no idea what the words are but I love how she sings them and the tune is something I hummed constantly this last week. It's a live performance and I LOVE it! Please visit and tell me what you think.

6. Finally, Azure Island Designs is a woman who makes jewelry. Yeah, I know. Lots of people make jewelry. But not like this. She is not only richly creative, she infuses her pieces with feeling. I don't know how she does it except that she's an artist and that's what artists do. Check this out especially: Broken Heart Necklace. Scroll down when you go there and just look at that. I don't know why but that necklace makes me feel hopeful and sad, all at the same time. I want it. It says so much.

My deepest appreciation goes out to all of you ladies for enriching my life. I have found my way to you and I am grateful.

Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths."

So grateful our paths have crossed. :-)

(Now go blame Libby that Part II of "The Winter Ow-lympics isn't up. She'll thank you for it.)



Copyright 2009

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful and kind write up you did on my blog and for passing the award on to me. I'm off to read the other blogs you mentioned although a couple of them are already well known favorites to me. It is the amazing thing about blogging; the friendships we make and the lasting bonds.
    Congratulations on going over 100 followers! Wow, that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to catch up on your latest story. But then you side-track me with all these other blogs to check out. I am very easy to side-track. I'll sit here and read blogs all day when I should be cleaning the toilets or sweeping the floor. See how I work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You DESERVE this award Miz Robynn!

    Ahhhh... see, that's what I love about this blogging world. One friend leads you to their friends and they lead you to yet even more potential friends...
    Thank goodness that Libby led me to you... so don't go sayin' nuthin' 'bout my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats -yupper, you do strike me as the creative kind, you whiteboard, you!
    What fabulous choices you made to pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Robyn thank you so much for your lovely words and wonderful award! So glad to have found you and your amazing writing...congrats on passing 100...I'm sure it will be over 200 in no time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that Libby, I am gonna like her, lol

    and you thanking her from the bottom of your shoe, hahahahaha

    well that just made a sick girl smile for the first time today. LOL

    now off to visit all your nominies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what to say. I love your writings,whether their stretched or not,I don't care. Your humorous and I love to read about your adventures. I believe in you! Real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Robynn! This award is a true statement about your posts which always amaze me. How you think of all these things to write and then how you say them with such humorous wit leaves me feeling in awe (and a little envious) of your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey woman - you know that I put you "on the map" right? I sent all my throngs of readers to ya, and now I'm "getting lip"! Success couldn't have come to a more deserving person (unless it was me;)

    Hey Katie Tatie - you'll always be in my posse. If this here Robynn gets any sassier, I'll have to sic you on her!

    And now - I guess I have to head on over to all of RR's nominees, and see what she's raving about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ADMIRE YOUR INTEGRITY FRIEND.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! These blogs have been so much fun to check out here and there in my spare moments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. First let me apologize for taking so long to get over here!!! I'm preparing for a 3 day show next week, so I'm behind with everything not related :0)

    Such a wonderful thing...that you would think of me for this "award"...to be included with such an amazing group of women is an honor!

    I'm thrilled you have the feelings you do when you look at my work...what more can I wish for than to have you and others understand/feel I do what I do because I truly LOVE doing it!!!!!

    A heart felt thank you from the "bottom of my shoes",for the award, your words, and your kindness...this I say to someone who has an amazing way with words...a love affair with words I think... :0)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete