Friday, February 20, 2009

Tidbits, This & That

I was supposed to post today about a big happening in our family a couple of days ago but I haven't done it yet. So I will tomorrow. I will beg your indulgence as a very proud mama drags Miss Hannah-Bo out for everyone to see. I am beside myself. And that makes two of me. That could be bad.

And I'm in a holding pattern over an expectant mom friend. I am her doula. I do (la) this once in awhile for friends and I was there for the last birth. Can't wait. Gotta go get my bag ready and my catcher's mitt. No, not really. Thankfully the doctor's got that covered. I just get the privilege of coaching and helping her deliver a beautiful baby boy! He's joining two sisters and is greatly anticipated. It's blessed work! What compares to a beautiful little life coming into the world? I get to be there to witness God's handiwork!

And finally, I am only 5 followers away from my contest! I just have to say THANK YOU to all my new friends. I won't question your sanity as it's already suspect since you decided to hang out with me. And besides, if you were completely sane I'm not sure we'd have enough in common. And THANK YOU to all of you who came along before now and felt sorry enough for me to join up. I appreciate pity. It's really underrated. And if you haven't joined, jump in! The water is fast and freezing but I have a life-line and scratchy towels!

12 comments:

  1. How special to witness a birth! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to get to witness a new birth! By the way, congrats on winning the bird house! Must of been a good essay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something else we have in common...I've taught Childbirth
    and Infant Care Education Classes. Loved my expectant couples. Got to be with some during delivery and filmed births too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm besides myself - that makes two of us. You're hilarious!!

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neabear: I know!! I love it!

    Karen: THANK you! I won the contest but now I have to WRITE the essay...oh my.....hope I can think of something clever to say and do her proud over there....0_0

    Libby: Why am I not surprised that we have more in common?! I'm sure you have a ton of experience but each time is amazing isn't it?

    Lady Fi: Glad to give you a chuckle. Let's hope I can do the same for the contest writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't think of anyone better than you to welcome a new life into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting. I got to coach when my eldest grandchild was born. It was such an awesome moment to watch your own offspring be born. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...the miracle of birth! What a great friend you are!
    And, it'd be OK to have two of yo! How's that go? "Double the pleasure" "double the fun"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A doula WOW! You just make me laugh and feel so good about life. Let me know when you write a book! Just wanted to wish you a wonderful weekend, Robynn!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you won the birdhouse! I know your essay will be great.
    The birth will a wonderful experience. I know everyone is excited to see the new little fellow.
    Have a great weekend!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're a doula, I'm a dontla! Human birthin' is not my cup o' placenta! BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. TREE-how-ssssssss.......! You have to warn me when you're gonna say things like that! Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-HOO!! That was SOOOO sweet. (sniff sniff - boo hoo hoo)

    Kathy: WELCOME!! THANK YOU so MUCH for signing up to follow. :) How blessed to see your grandbabies born!!! I can't wait for that day....well, yes I can...uh, Hannah-Bo? I CAN WAIT DO YOU HEAR ME? You're 17!!!

    W.O.W. How SWEET! You better interview my husband and children first though before you vote!!

    Sassy!! You GUYS!! You are all just too too KIND to me. I'm leaving my family now and will just travel around and live with all of you! (Hurry, lock the doors!)

    Georgia Farmwoman: THANK YOU for FOLLOWING! You have lots of births at your place that I love to see and hear about them. Give Little Miss Miracle Eve a big kiss from me and if she ever turns up missing (an oxymoron I love!) you might find her among my black and white border collies! (I'm gettin' to work on that essay this aft.!)

    The Wife: A dontla! A DONTLA!!!!! ROFLMBUTTOFF. Reminds me of the time I was complaining about teaching A.W.A.N.A. (kids Bible program) I was saying to someone that I was just a little tired out with Awana schedule after 8 years. They said, "Can't cha just tell 'em you DON'T wanna?" THANKS for a good laugh. That's a keeper term!

    ReplyDelete