Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jason McElwain - Gotta Love This

This has been around for a couple of years but a sweet friend of mine posted it on Facebook today and I thought it deserved a look if you've never seen it.

I want to make it a priority in my life to believe in people, to encourage the best, and to never let the naysayers get me down (even though I KNOW they will, which is okay, because I always need material and they're wonderful to write about!). But this kid, THIS kid trumps life's tough cards with a royal flush. Thought you might need a "feel good" moment today as well. A little love from me to you.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Robynn!
    I can barely see to write, because the tears are just streaing down my face right now... and it feels good!

    Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see? I told you...
    I meant "streaming" not streaing!
    *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so encouraging, Robynn. Thanks for sharing it with us. I had not seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cheer and cry every time I see that! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Tatersmama!! That was truly Wonderful. Am smiling ear to ear. Thank you! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this boy is amazing. Saw him on an interview some time back. I'm sure he gives many hope and inspiration.
    Thanks for the comments you left the other day... I hope your singing went well. I'm sure it did and I'm sure Norman would be appreciative. Yes, ALS is wicked.
    Just read that you homeschool and could eat your kids up, just like me. Sounds like we're both blessed people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you guys are enjoying this....singing went not too well. Too hard to sing with a huge lump in my throat. Very constricted. But as I tell my kids, just do your best and, and yesterday? That WAS my best. Wish I could've given him better. What an incredible man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robynn :O) My mom and I just watched the video and were very moved. It reminded me of the movie, Rudy, which is a favorite in my home. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this story. I remember seeing it some time back, but easy to watch over and over again. It makes me cry and encourages my faith in the goodness of others that I know still exists. Great story...thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post was absolutely heartwarming! Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete